Building the Brand of Integrity in Davao
The Integrity Lecture for students entitled "Building the Brand of Integrity: A Workshop for Aspiring Entrepreneurs," was successfully conducted at the Bolton Campus of the University of Mindanao, Davao City, on February 17, 2016. This event aimed to expand the knowledge base of young and aspiring entrepreneurs on the international best practices of anti-corruption and compliance. The training is in accordance with the third phase of the project entitled "Promoting Integrity and Accountability in Business: Combating Corruption in the Private Sector," which is funded by the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) in Washington D.C.
There were a total of 52 students from the various programs under the College of Business Administration and Education, namely:
- Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Business Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Financial Management
The lecture focused on the following items: 1) Corruption as a threat to Integrity, 2) Integrity in Business, and 3) Approaches to deal with corruption and integrity challenges. Designed to be interactive, the Integrity Lecture encouraged the students to participate in two workshop activities, namely "The Dilemma Game" and "Build the Brand." It was then followed by the presentation of FaceBook page entries for the Social Media Campaign contest entitled "What the Youth Say About Business Integrity". The following entries were recognized:
The Center would like to thank the students, faculty, and Dean of the University of Mindanao for partnering with us in this activity.